What is organic certification?
Organic certification is a process that ensures the traceability of products according to the standard and target market. It is used as a differentiation tool with respect to the guarantee of safety and quality that we manage to transmit to our consumers. Another advantage is that it allows us to position ourselves with better export prices and enter international markets.
Audit process to obtain certification
- Implementation of the traceability system: Once we have implemented the traceability system, we can only apply to organic certification.
- Application form: The application form for organic certification is filled out and sent to the certifier.
- Audit schedule: One week before the audit, the required documents are sent to the certifier. Once the certifier gives the compliance of the documents, the date of the audit is confirmed.
- Audit: The auditor reviews the documents demonstrating the traceability of the products to be marketed.
- Removal of non-conformities: Non-conformities are remedied by means of a document in which non-compliances with the requirements are answered, in terms of the analysis of the causes, the extent of the deviation, the destination of the production concerned, corrective actions, implementation deadlines and evidence provided. For this you have a maximum term of 15 days.
- Decision: Finally, the certification body according to the documentary review decides to provide the certification or not. In case of obtaining the certification, this will be valid for 1 year.