Principle 3 of Fair Trade. The commercial exchange between the Organization and the producers must be sincere and transparent. Therefore, trade agreements must consider social, economic, and environmental well-being, without maximizing profit at the expense of producers. Thus, obligations, and even compensation, are met in an appropriate, responsible, and professional manner. Likewise, the Organization promotes and protects the cultural identity and traditional techniques of small producers; thus, generating long-term relationships based on solidarity, trust, and mutual respect.
ASPAGRO has a clear commitment to fair trade and with that approach, within the framework of the principle 3 of fair trade, implements and manages the following:
- It accredits the commercial link with its suppliers with purchase orders, taking for granted the interest in acquiring the good or service. This document provides security, since ASPAGRO and the supplier are protected if one of them cannot comply. In addition, it provides a guarantee on the price, quantity, payment method and delivery.
- Pays within the agreed terms to suppliers, considers that it has a fundamental role in their processes, since it enables a good relationship with suppliers, cultivates trust, creates a bond of mutual compensation. In addition, it brings a positive impact on the negotiation of deadlines. For this reason, it maintains a commercial relationship with its suppliers based on payment on time.
- It has a procedure to access advances on the value of the order if the supplier requests it.
- In the event of cancellation of orders, for reasons beyond the control of the parties, it has a policy to compensate its suppliers.
- Establish long-term relationships with your suppliers.
- Makes correct disclosure of technical product information.