Quinoa is an excellent aid for regular cholesterol levels. Therefore, we recommend this recipe.
Makes 4-5 servings.
1. Finely chop the onion, tomato and garlic cloves.
2. Cut the mushrooms and parsley finely.
3. In a frying pan add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes. Add the mushrooms, ½ teaspoon of pepper and sauté together with the parsley for about 5 minutes. Reserve.
4. In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sauté the onion and tomato for approximately 5 minutes. Then add the washed quinoa, stir and add ½ cup of white wine, a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of turmeric. Wait for the wine to absorb.
5. Begin adding the broth a little 5 to 6 times as it is absorbed. Verify that the quinoa is cooked.
6. When the quinoa is cooked, add the mushrooms with garlic, 1 tablespoon of butter and a good handful of Parmesan cheese, stir well.
7. Turn off the heat and serve. Garnish with some parsley leaves, some chopped toasted walnuts, and finally the remaining Parmesan cheese.
Ready to serve!